Portfolio – Experience
FOUR PAWS LANDSCAPE SOLUTIONS --- SHELTON, CT
AGRONOMIC CONSULTANT / OWNER, FEBRUARY 2013 - PRESENT
Specialty turf and ornamental company that provides solutions with focus on sustainability.
- Provide landscapes that are aesthetically stunning but at the same time environmentally
- Promote and advocate for the use of IPM and safety, utilizing pesticides as last alternative.
- Maintain a variety of properties, including synthetic and natural putting greens, tennis courts,
ornamental and kitchen gardens, and highly-manicured turf lawns.
- Oversee and participate in construction projects, cultural practices such as aeration, and
other key project components.
OAK HILLS PARK GOLF COURSE --- NORWALK, CT
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT, APRIL 2006 - PRESENT
18-hole public facility designed by Alfred Tull and opened in 1969, located in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Successful implementation of detailed operating and capital budgets; achieve meticulous
grooming of the golf course, clubhouse grounds, and tennis facility.
- Excellent communication with the General Manager and Greens Chairman to promote fast,
dry, and consistent tournament conditions on a daily basis.
- Completed several in-house construction projects, including greens expansion, sod
nursery, modifications to existing irrigation system, and tee leveling.
- Initiated application for Water Diversion Permits with the CT DEP.
- Implemented computerized inventory system for chemicals, fertilizers, weather data,
soil temperatures, and shop supplies.
- Developed green speed management program to promote conditions as dry as possible;
use of verticutting, topdressing, growth regulators, wetting agents, and syringing.
- Installed Toro Strikeguard Lightning detection system in-house; implemented Toro Turfguard
Moisture system to monitor soil moisture, temperature and salinity levels in the soil.
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT NOVEMBER 2005-APRIL 2006
- Integral in daily golf course setup, crew supervision and scheduling, pesticide and
fertilizer applications, and planning for future projects such as tree removal,
naturalization and beautification of the golf course.
- Attended monthly green committee meetings and prepared a presentation for a tree
removal project at the course.
- Involved in significant tree removal, including selection and removal with committee
members and staff.
PINE ORCHARD YACHT & COUNTRY CLUB --- BRANFORD, CT
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT, MAY 2003 - NOVEMBER 2005
9-hole private club designed by Robert Pryde and opened in 1901.
- Involved in the installation of a Toro irrigation system; planned and installed modifications
to irrigation system.
- Completed extensive course construction, including bunker and tee build/grow-in and
thousands of feet of drainage system.
ORANGE HILLS COUNTRY CLUB ORANGE, CT
CREW MANAGER, 2000-2002
18-hole private club designed by Geoffrey Cornish and opened in 1921.
Click to View